I write blog posts for businesses with one common attribute – they all want to grow using SEO. Check out these examples from a mix of industries.
Versatile. Smart. Driven to help your business succeed.
I write blog posts for businesses with one common attribute – they all want to grow using SEO. Check out these examples from a mix of industries.
Blog Post for Health Clinic
Keywords: national traffic awareness month and auto accident injury
[content begins below here]
When was the last time you thought about how you drive? August is National Traffic Awareness Month, a month dedicated to safe driving. LaClinica encourages you to learn more about traffic safety this month to avoid an auto accident injury.
The Illinois Department of Transportation says there are 170,000 crashes in the Chicago metro every year. In most accidents, people get hurt. Fifty people die in car crashes in Chicago every month.
If you have an auto accident injury, LaClinica’s doctors and physical therapists will help you heal.
Get Involved in National Traffic Awareness Month
Organizers of National Traffic Awareness Month want us to do these three things:
- Pay attention to the road. Look out for other drivers, walkers, and bikers. Consider it your responsibility to make sure you and everyone around you are safe.
- Encourage following the rules. When everyone follows rules like speed limits, stopping at stop signs, and signaling, we are safer. Be a leader by asking your family and friends to follow the rules.
- Make a pledge to support traffic safety. “It is of utmost importance that we take care of our lives while we can. Living life on the edge by speeding or crossing the road during heavy traffic can bring a momentary thrill, but it can also result in irreversible damage,” the National Traffic Awareness Month campaign says.
Top Five Tips for Avoiding an Auto Accident Injury
When people visit LaClinica they often are angry at themselves for getting in a wreck. Many tell us they were distracted and didn’t see the other car.
Your chance of having a crash does depend on the way you drive. The National Traffic Awareness Month experts say five things cause the most crashes:
- Distracted driving. Cell phones are the biggest cause of distracted driving. Plus, many cars now have hands-free, voice-activated controls that can distract you.
- Aggressive driving. We see a lot of aggressive driving in Chicago. Someone cuts you off in traffic. They yell at you or pull up too close behind you. To avoid an auto accident injury, do your best to stay calm on the roads and ignore aggressive drivers.
- Speeding and breaking other traffic laws. The LaClinica healthcare team recommends obeying the speed limit and other traffic laws to stay safe. Don’t roll through stop signs or run red lights. Use your turn signal every time you make a turn. Following these simple rules may save your life.
- Rough driving. Are you someone who gently comes to a stop, or do you slam on the brakes? Do you slow down to turn? And what about the way you start from a stop? Avoid an auto accident injury with smooth driving when you start, stop, and turn,
- Not keeping both hands on the wheel. Another important way to avoid an auto accident injury is to keep both hands on the steering wheel. No eating, talking on the phone, petting the dog. You got it.
When you follow the National Traffic Awareness Month tips, you will feel confident you’re driving in a way that protects your family and yourself.
That said, even when you’re being careful, you can still get in a wreck. Another way to be safe and prepared is to know where to go if you do get hurt in an accident. If you are in the Chicago area, LaClinica can be your go-to resource.
An Auto Accident Injury Can Make You Miss Work . . . How to Get Help
If you’re in a wreck, and your pain gets worse in a few days or a few weeks, it’s time to find help. Don’t worry if some time has passed since the crash. It’s not too late to start healing. The first step to feeling better is a meeting with the LaClinica care team. Your initial consultation is free-of-charge.
Crash victims often have broken bones, cuts and bruises, and neck, head, or back injuries. Many people also suffer a knee injury due to a car crash.
If you’re in an accident you may have headaches caused by muscle strain, a concussion, or pinched nerves. If you have terrible back pain, you may be suffering from a herniated disc. The bones in our spines are separated by discs. Sometimes, the force of a car crash causes the discs to move, slip or bulge against spinal nerves, causing great pain.
Whiplash also is a common auto accident injury. When your car crashes, your head may “whip” around and damage your spine. Some whiplash pain is minor and can be treated at home with ice and over-the-counter pain medication. Other cases of whiplash need professional care.
When you come to LaClinica a doctor will ask you:
- Are you having headaches?
- Does your neck hurt or is your neck stiff?
- Does your lower back hurt?
- Is one of your arms or hands hurt or feel numb?
- Have you been dizzy?
- Is your vision blurry?
- Are you having trouble concentrating or remembering things?
- Are you having trouble sleeping?
The doctor will order whatever tests you need, like x-rays or MRIs. LaClinica has its own imaging team and equipment so you don’t have to go somewhere else for your scans.
Once the doctors know what is causing your pain, they will create a care plan. Our services include pain management, orthopedic surgery, chiropractic care, physical therapy, work conditioning, and more.
LaClinica offices are in eight cities in Chicagoland: Chicago South, Chicago North, Melrose Park, Cicero, Waukegan, Aurora, Blue Island, and Stone Park. And we are always growing to serve more communities. Your initial consultation is free. Schedule an appointment online or call us at 773-763-2800.
Blog Post for Law Office About Child Support Payments
Nail Down Child Support Payments to Ensure Your Family Thrives
If you’re a single parent owed thousands of dollars in child support, you’re not alone. Deadbeat dads are evading authorities across the St. Louis metro. Stand up for yourself and your children and go after him! (There are deadbeat moms, too. We are using dads/he/him for this post.)
Both Illinois and Missouri have robust child support systems and you do not need an attorney to get the money you are due. In Illinois, the Department of Healthcare and Families Services’ Division of Child Support Services will help you get a child support order, collect payments, collect overdue payments, and more. The Missouri Department of Social Services Child Support program provides the same services. In most cases, you can get help without leaving home either online or on the phone.
However, having an attorney represent you in your child support case probably will get your case through the system more quickly and ensure the best results for your family.
Child Support Laws
The law is on your side if you are not receiving the child support you are owed. Two federal laws underpin child support enforcement at the state level.
The Child Support Recovery Act of 1992 made it a federal crime for parents to get $5,000 or more behind in child support payments and move to another state. This is a misdemeanor often punishable by the individual’s wages being garnished until their debt is paid off.
The U.S. Deadbeat Parents Punishment Act of 1998 mandates felony charges against parents who move to another state, or country, and are $5,000 or more behind in child support. The deadbeat parents can be sent to prison for their crime.
In Illinois, delinquent parents may be fined and even sent to jail. A parent who is 90 days behind or more will lose his driver’s license for 60 days or until he pays up, whichever comes first.
In Missouri, a deadbeat dad can lose his driver’s licenses, professional license, and hunting and fishing licenses. The state will pursue criminal charges if he doesn’t pay child support for six months within a twelve-month period or owes $5,000 or more.
Filing for Child Support
When you separate you will want child support as soon as possible, so take advantage of the opportunity to request it during your legal separation proceedings. If you don’t do that, you may request child support during your divorce or custody proceedings.
In both Illinois and Missouri, you can ask for a modification of the child support amount every three years. A judge will consider a modification if you have new expenses related to your children or the parent paying support has a significant increase in income.
Who is Eligible for Child Support?
Divorced parents. Both parents’ incomes and the time they spend with the children are taken into account, as well as expenses like childcare, when calculating child support, You can use this tool to estimate the amount you should be receiving in Illinois, and this tool in Missouri.
Unmarried parents. If you were not married to the father of your child, you are eligible for child support, too. If he says he is not the father, the state child support office will perform paternity testing. Establishing paternity and enforcing child support orders is in the best interest of the children and the states, because parents receiving child support are less likely to need financial assistance.
Abandoned parents. If you have lived through your partner abandoning you and your child, know that you have support in tracking him down so that you may receive child support.
Give us a call at 618-288-9591 if you would like help getting or collecting child support. We will have your family’s best interest in mind.
Blog post for a nationwide roofing company
What is the average cost of replacing a roof on a house?
Keywords: replacing a roof, cost of a roof replacement
Meta description: Covering the cost of a roof replacement can take homeowners by surprise. Learn why replacing a roof is so costly and find out about financing a roof.
[content begins below]
Replacing a roof is a major expense many homeowners put off until they are forced to take action. While the cost of a roof replacement may be hard to swallow, it’s an essential part of maintaining your home. An old roof may leak so badly it causes your ceiling to collapse. Your floors, furniture, and electronics can be damaged, and much more. The preventive step of getting a new roof can help you avoid an emergency call to Honest Abe Roofing and give you peace of mind.
A new roof also makes your home easier to sell. The real estate pros at Zillow say a new roof often helps sellers get full asking price and quick sales. Plus, negotiations go more smoothly when your house is in good shape.
What Is the Cost of a Roof Replacement?
Many factors influence the cost of a roof replacement including the height and pitch of the roof;
the size of your home; the square footage of the surface of your roof is; the type of roofing material you want; and where you live.
According to Angi, the average cost of installing a new roof in the United States is $14,400. Most roof installations cost between $8,700 and $22,000. Replacing a roof generally costs between $4.35 and $11 per square foot.
The Breakdown of the Cost of Replacing a Roof
Every roof is different, and some need more TLC than others. Thus, the wide range of costs. The following activities might be included in the cost of a roof replacement.
- Tear off the old roof: The first step in replacing a roof is getting rid of the old one. Tearing off the old shingles costs $1 to $5 per square foot or an average of $1,000 to $1,500.
- Make structural repairs: We sometimes need to replace rotting timbers. If the new roofing material is heavier than the old shingles, we might need to add more supports. Labor for these repairs can cost $400 to $2,000.
- Install different roofing materials: Replacing a roof with a different material– say going from asphalt shingles to tile roofing–will increase the cost of installing a new roof by an average of $12,000 to $27,000 or more, including the tear-off.
- Replace the roof with materials of your choice: Materials usually make up 40% of the total cost. The cost of roofing materials varies from $150 to $1,500 per roofing square. (A roofing square is the common measurement for roofing. It is 10×10 feet.)
- Miscellaneous: Your quote includes the cost of insulation and waste removal.
Labor makes up about 60% of the cost of replacing a roof. According to Forbes Advisor, roofing labor usually runs from $1.50 to $3.00 per square foot. Angi reports a higher average of $2.30 to $6 per square foot. Labor costs vary by region.
When Honest Abe gives you a quote for your roofing project, these factors are included in your labor costs:
- Scope of repairs needed. Will we need to replace timbers rotting underneath the shingles? If we do, we will need more time and equipment to keep our team safe.
- Extreme weather. Excessive heat or cold projected for the dates of your project can increase the cost of labor. Honest Abe might need to provide protection from the weather for our roofers.
- Layers (and layers) of shingles: Sometimes older roofs have layer upon layer of shingles that need to be removed before a new one is put on. This extra work and time will be reflected in the cost of replacing a roof.
What to Know About Replacing a Roof on Your Own
You might be tempted to save money on replacing a roof by doing it yourself. Expect to pay $2,500 to $6,300 in materials compared to the $8,700 to $22,000 average price of a new roof by a professional.
Hold up before you get very far down the DIY road. Think about whether you want to invest your time in learning roofing and whether to put yourself in danger. Consider these facts about roofing:
- Tearing off shingles requires a lot of strength and balance.
- The safety risks include losing your balance or losing the line of sight. You will need a partner to spot you, proper shoes, and good weather. Safety experts recommend not going up on your roof in general unless you are trained.
- Replacing a roof includes properly insulating the roof, replacing gutters correctly, installing flashing, and managing unexpected situations.
- In many cities you need to get a permit to replace a roof.
- Most insurance companies don’t cover damage to roofs that were not installed by a licensed roof contractor.
By now, you see why hiring a professional roofer is an excellent idea. We have one more reason not to tackle replacing a roof on your own. If you make a mistake and your roof leaks or shingles fly off during the next storm, you have no warranty. On the other hand, Honest Abe Roofing is all about giving you peace of mind with our Never Roof Again warranty. For as long as you own your home, your home is covered.
How to Finance the Cost of a Roof Replacement
If you’re like a lot of folks, you know you need a new roof, and finances are keeping you from getting one this year. Yes, you can make payments on the cost of a roof replacement.
Many roofers ask for two payments, one before the project starts and one at the end. Honest Abe Roofing makes it easier than that with our Easy Payment Solutions. You pay monthly–often as little as $149 a month–and you get the roof you want from the company you trust.
In addition to our top-of-the-line asphalt roofing materials, you can also opt for metal roof financing with any of our metal roofing products.
To learn more about our financing, contact a Customer Care Representative at 844-298-4100 or fill out our short application online to get started.